Airport operators, service providers, and airlines are responsible for the safety and comfort of passengers in the air and on the ground. Unseen by passengers, the air terminal's IT hardware and software are the result of construction and engineering companies' grandiose plans brought to life.
Asteros provides airports with conveniently located electronic arrival and departure boards, a simple check-in process, priority boarding, continuous access to Wi-Fi networks, reliable security systems and other passenger ground services.
Asteros' infrastructure construction services for airports
An engineering company is in charge of equipping airports with all the latest IT bells and whistles
The uninterrupted activity of air terminals depends on the performance and reliability of hundreds of engineering and IT systems. If your company has been entrusted with the important task of building or managing an air terminal, you can turn to Asteros as early as the idea/design stage to receive the best option, the innovative infrastructure to make your plans a reality, and the support you need to put the airport's business systems into operation.
We draw from a wealth of experience in key practices when building IT infrastructure for air transportation hubs. Airports receive a state-of-the-art engineering complex, high-performance IT systems and efficient business systems.
Passengers can relax in a safe environment thanks to comprehensive security systems from the market expert
Asteros is accredited by the Russian Federal Air Transport Agency to conduct vulnerability assessments of transportation facilities and airport security audits in accordance with Federal Law of Russia #16 regarding transportation safety. Comprehensive security systems from Asteros include:
- an airport management center (surveillance center)
- technical and specialized methods of screening passengers before flights
- access control systems and departure gate control
- video surveillance systems and three-dimensional (3D) scanners
- fire-prevention systems, perimeter defense and other solutions
We are often called upon as experts in surveillance and compliance measures to ensure that legislative requirements for the protection of passengers' personal data are met.
A complete range of services to build and upgrade airport business systems
- check-in platforms and self-registration kiosks for public use (CUTE/CUSS)
- an airport operational database (AODB) and resource management systems (RMS)
- flight information display systems (FIDS)
- automatic voice announcement systems (AFA)
- corporate telephone networks and call centers
- automated parking lot and parking garage management systems
- “Spetscontrol” special information control system for checking documents (including biometric documents) in accordance with Federal Law of Russia #152
- self-boarding systems
- departure control systems
- baggage handling systems
Asteros provided infrastructure and business systems to Russia's largest airports.
- High-tech infrastructure was built for the airport operation center at Sheremetyevo International Airport (terminal F). The center has made it possible to analyze adopted measures and handle system failures in a more efficient manner. Improvements in passenger safety and service quality have also been achieved.
- The new Knevichi air terminal complex at Vladivostok International Airport, which opened just before the 2012 APEC summit, featured engineering and security systems deployed by Asteros.
- The server and network infrastructure at Novosibirsk International Airport (Tolmachevo) was upgraded. Asteros carried out a complete range of services, which included auditing infrastructure, designing new solutions, and training airport staff.
- Asteros Contact Avia, a one-stop check-in solution for registering passengers for any flight at any counter, completed a trial run at Sheremetyevo International Airport's terminal F.
- The new terminal at Sochi International Airport has been receiving passengers for over 2.5 years. The Asteros Group created the security systems and IT infrastructure for the air terminal, which serviced as many as 3,800 passengers per hour during the 2014 Winter Olympics. The newly-built VIP terminal of the airport opened its gates to meet high-ranking guests of the Sochi Olympics. Within this project, Asteros deployed best-in-class engineering and telecom systems and the first in Russia “green” solutions for airports. In addition to this, Asteros deployed telecommunications infrastructure at Basel Aero's other airports in Anapa and Gelendzhik.
- An audit and security vulnerability assessment were conducted at Khabarovsk (Novy) International Airport in 2012. The high level of security made it possible to meet the requirements of Federal Law of Russia #16 regarding transportation safety.
- A Service Desk was introduced at Sheremetyevo International Airport. Automating the incident management process resulted in more efficient support services and a reduction in the cost of servicing IT infrastructure.
What makes Asteros different
Asteros Contact Avia makes it possible for passengers to check in for flights of various airlines at any counter.
Due to its simple, universal interface, airport agents can simultaneously check in passengers for flights of various airlines at any counter using the “common check-in” principle.
The benefits of using this unique product are evident: accelerated passenger check-in, a reduction in the cost associated with training new agents and the amount of time allocated for this training, fewer mistakes due to human error, and new service options in the economy and business classes. Most importantly, now the airport has data on how many and what types of passengers are using its services.
Unlike anything ever seen before, Asteros Contact Avia was developed for airports with the support of the Skolkovo Foundation and has already completed testing at Sheremetyevo International Airport and received certification from ARINC in London.
Asteros is the largest IT provider for airports, airlines, and enterprises in the aerospace industry.
Experts highly value the projects completed by Asteros.
According to CNews, Asteros was the top IT provider for the aviation industry in 2013.
Based on results from 2012, Asteros became the leading company in the construction of comprehensive infrastructure and security systems for offices and facilities. In addition to this, Asteros completed infrastructure projects for Aeroflot – Russian Airlines and Basel Aero in 2010 which CNews Analytics recognized as the largest of this type of project in Russia.
According to IDC, Asteros is now the leading information security services company for three years in a row.
Asteros acts as a general contractor and efficiently manages projects at the federal level.
- We possess in-depth expertise due to many years of work and experience acquired during the implementation of airport infrastructure projects in Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Sochi, Vladivostok, Novosibirsk, Khabarovsk, Gelendzhik, and Anapa.
- Our innovative solution for optimizing the passenger check-in process was certified by ARINC, the global market leader in air passenger registration systems.
- We are accredited by the Russian Federal Air Transport Agency to conduct security vulnerability assessments of transportation facilities.
- We are a member of the aviation safety committee of the Airport Association of CIS Civil Aviation.
The sky's the limit with Asteros
The leading airport management companies which are dedicated to providing passengers with safe and high-quality ground services choose the Asteros Group. Join us!
Thank you for your interest in the Asteros Group!
Please complete the E-mail or Telephone fields so that we can provide you with information about Airports.