Asteros wins IT Company of the Year Award
Dec 08, 2010
Asteros has won The National Company of the Year Award for best IT company. Achievements by Asteros in the deployment of innovative technologies and solutions were recognized as a major contribution to the development of the largest companies in the Russian economy.
The Company of the Year awards ceremony took place on the 7th of December 2010 at The House of Unions in Moscow. Three companies were nominated for the IT Company of the Year Award. The expert panel of judges, which included influential business representatives, state officials and public figures, handed victory to the Asteros Group. The company’s financial transparency, market activity, quality of management and level of innovation were all assessed by the experts.
The Asteros Group received the IT Company of the Year Award for successfully implementing a range of large and socially-significant projects which made a noticeable contribution to national economic development:
- Modernized information system for the Russian Federal Customs Service – made it possible to cut freight-registration times at border checkpoints from 5 hours to just several minutes
- e-Learning system – connected 20 Russian universities via a single education network; uniting over 30,000 students. Represents an important step in consolidating Russia’s intellectual potential
- IT-infrastructure for Sochi International Airport – meets global air-terminal support standards and creates the proper conditions to cater for the millions of guests expected at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Powerful data centers – guarantee the reliable, fail-safe operation of systems at MTS – a leading Russian telecoms operator – and help millions of customers stay in touch
- IT deployment at the Federation Tower – created a reliable IT foundation at the Moscow City Business Center for the VTB Financial Group, the largest creditor within the Russian economy
“Despite difficult market conditions, the Asteros Group has been able to significantly strengthen its positions on the Russian IT market, expand its partnerships with leading IT providers and implement a whole range of important initiatives. Asteros has proven its ability to withstand testing financial conditions, cope with technical tasks of any complexity and find effective solutions to organizational issues on time. Winning the IT Company of the Year Award is not only a reflection of our team’s hard work, but is also a sign of the great trust placed in our company by the Russian business community. We understand that our company’s success goes hand in hand with our clients’ achievements. The award given to Asteros is the result of successful cooperation with our partners.” – Mikhail Erenburg, President of the Asteros Group.
Since 1999 the National Company of the Year Award has been annually presented to the most outstanding and dynamic players on the Russian market. Regardless of their market sector or size, companies have won this prestigious award for their ability to foresee and make use of the most important trends within the spheres of economic and technological development in the country, as well as their contribution to enhancing the reputation of Russian business in the global marketplace.
Thank you for your interest in the Asteros Group!
Please complete the E-mail or Telephone fields so that we can provide you with information about Asteros wins IT Company of the Year Award.