Asteros is the three-time champion of the information security market
Mar 12, 2014
For the third year in a row, the Asteros Group held the top spot in a rating of the largest IT security services companies. The latest data, published in a report by analysis company IDC, shows that the group's revenues in this line of business exceeded 48 million USD.
According to IDC's market analysis study, Russia Security Services 2013–2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares, the Asteros Group's revenues from IT security services increased by 5.7% from 45.75 million to 48.39 million USD and, based on financial results from 2012, the company's market share was 9.5%.
As the leading Russian IT security services company since 2009, Asteros is not only at the top of the overall rating of the largest market players, but is also the leader in individual market segments. Asteros is number one in the following areas:
- information security consulting
- the creation of access rights and user accounts management systems (IDM)
- the deployment of information security management systems
- protecting personal data
- ensuring the security of mobile platforms
It is worthwhile noting that the group's expertise in information security is consolidated in the Asteros Information Security business unit. This unit was established when KABEST LLC and the affiliated part of the Pacifica company united to become Asteros Information Security. In 2011, KABEST bought 75% of Pacifica's stocks from Dallas North United Investments (USA). The final formation of Asteros Information Security took place in the beginning of 2013, when the parent company, Asteros CJSC, which at that time held 85% of KABEST's stocks, bought the remaining 15% and thus took ownership of 100% of the company's stocks.
“Beginning in 2012, Asteros Information Security was restructured. We adopted new principles of corporate management; we reorganized our internal business processes and singled out 5 key practices which were endowed with maximum authority yet also balanced with a certain level of responsibility,” commented Alexander Chizhov, Head of Asteros Information Security. “This approach allowed us to equally develop each part of the business, attract young and talented professionals, and ensure ongoing experience in order to continuously increase our set of skills and so that our project teams could develop expertise. We consider this to be an important condition for maintaining our leading positions in specialized market segments and we will keep following this tactic when opening new business areas.”
Today, Asteros Information Security specializes in complex projects, such as creating centers for promptly managing information security, building secure information and telecommunications systems, as well as audit and consulting services in the field of information security. For the past two years, Asteros Information Security was able to significantly increase the number of projects completed for the corporate sector, whereas previously its main focus was on government institutions. Some of Asteros Information Security's most noteworthy clients are VimpelCom, MegaFon, NLMK (Novolipetsk Steel Factory), TVEL, Sheremetyevo International Airport, Petrocommerce Bank, UniCredit Bank, as well as the Russian Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Culture of Russia, the Federal Security Service of Russia (FSB), the Federal Drug Control Service of Russia (FSKN) and others.
Thank you for your interest in the Asteros Group!
Please complete the E-mail or Telephone fields so that we can provide you with information about Asteros is the three-time champion of the information security market.